Twitter chats are a fantastic way to use social media to make meaningful connections with others. They connect you with people of the same interests, and serve as a way to use social media to build credibility within your particular field.
You should join a twitter chat if you find one on a topic that interests you. You will find yourself immersed in a community, usually a national community, that discusses things in an open and engaging manner.
Here’s how to go about finding, and joining a twitter chat in 3 simple steps.
1) Join twitter and find a chat. If you’re in HR, below is a link to an article that lists 5 Online Communities You Need to Check Out (twitter chats) that occur on a regular basis. Choose one, and join in!
3) Join in! Don’t be afraid to get in to the mix of things and ask questions, or provide answers to questions that are being asked. Twitter chats thrive on a mix of ideas perspectives, don’t hold back!
That’s all you have to do! You’re just three steps away from making meaningful connections on twitter. Get started today!
What the pros say:
- How to Participate in a Tweet Chat
- Tweet Chats 101: 41 Success Tips for Moderators, Participants and Guests!
- 5 Online Communities You Need to Check Out