At work I am a certified facilitator for The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Since I began facilitating, I’ve come across many articles, videos, and presentations that, while not official 7 Habits Material, reinforce the content we present in our workshops.
Until now, I haven’t worked to collect these in one place. Moving forward, “5 Reads on Personal Effectiveness” will be a recurring topic on my blog, and I will be curating the articles posted here (and more) on Scoop.It.
My hope is to find the lessons of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People in practice. These links won’t be a substitute for the book or the workshop (both of which I highly recommend), but they might serve as a good starting point or reinforcement if you’re already familiar with the material.
Below are 5 reads that align with the principles presented in the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Give them a read and put their recommendations in to practice for results that will help you personally and professionally:
- Habits 101: Essential Things You Should Know About Your Behavior.
- What Happens To Our Brains When We Exercise And How It Makes Us Happier.
- End Every Day With A Beginning.
- Personal Mission Statements of 5 CEOs (And Why You Should Write One Too).
- Take A Walk, Sure, But Don’t Call It A Break.